Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions
- If you do not fully understand and agree to the terms of this disclaimer you must immediately leave this website.
- Basildon Borough Council (The Council) provides the Towngate website as one of several alternative ways of providing you with access to information and services. By choosing to use this website you accept that you are doing so entirely at your own risk.
- All statements contained in this disclaimer refer only to websites and not to other means of delivering information and services.
- By choosing to use the site you are indicating that you fully understand the terms of this disclaimer and any other disclaimers or conditions on the website or on other websites of other parties accessed through this website and agree to abide by them and all computer related legislation including but not limited to the Computer Misuse Act and Data Protection Acts.
- The Council tries to keep its own information up to date and accurate but you accept that The Council is not responsible for the accuracy of any information provided by itself or any other party or for the consequences which may result from its use. The information is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. You should not assume that this information is error-free or that it will be suitable for the particular purpose which you have in mind when using it.
- This website provides access to information and services provided for your convenience by many other parties over whom The Council has no control or influence irrespective of any relationship that may exist between that party and The Council.
- Any opinions expressed on this site are not those of The Council but of individual contributors who may or may not be employed by or otherwise be associated with The Council or other parties and The Council is not responsible for them or for any consequences of them.
- Information on the site may be subject to copyright unless otherwise indicated. Copyright protected material may be downloaded without charge and held on file or printed without requiring specific permission provided that the material being reproduced accurately and not used in a derogatory or misleading manner. It must not be used on other websites without specific permission. This permission to reproduce copyright protected material does not extend to material which belongs to a third party even though that may not be identified as such and authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained directly from the copyright holders concerned.
- The copying or use of any logos on the site with or without modification is strictly prohibited without written permission.
- You do not have to ask permission of The Council to link to pages on the website but it would be helpful to inform The Council in order that any changes in the site structure that may affect such links can be notified to you. However, we do not permit the use of our logos as part of such links without specific permission.
- The Council makes reasonable efforts to check and test the website and all supporting infrastructure, systems and processes however it cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst accessing the site or using any of the facilities provided on it including those of other parties. It is always wise for users to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from this and other websites and to ensure that computers are regularly backed up.
- The Council is committed to high standards of quality of information relating to its own services but cannot be responsible for the quality of information provided by other information providers whose information is presented on this site. If you think that there are any errors or out-of-date information please contact The Council using the Contact Us facility and report the problem.
- Your privacy is of great importance to The Council and it will treat any personal information by which you can be identified (i.e. name, address, email and the like) in accordance with the provisions of current legislation including but not limited to the Data Protection Act of 1998. The Council will not sell, trade or rent your information to commercial organisations. The Council will only collect personal information with your knowledge and it will be collected for a known purpose that you understand and will not be used in future for any other purpose without your agreement unless The Council is required by legislation or Central Government guidance to do so.
- The Council may use any names addresses or email addresses for the purposes of contacting you by any means including but not limited to email and you should therefore take appropriate steps to ensure that access to your email or other electronic means of contact is not available to other people.
- The Council considers any feedback, comments or other material you post on this site other than personal information to be non-confidential and it may use this material and any data transmitted with it in any way it requires.
- The Council or other parties providing information on this website may use a mechanism called cookies which leave information on your computer which may subsequently be retrieved. Such information will only be used by The Council to personalise your view of the website but other parties who provide information and transactions on this site may use them for other purposes outside the control of The Council.
- Any information that you provide must not be unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, racial, obscene, hateful, include pornographic material or references to it or consist of any other material that would break any law or cause offence to anyone who may see it. You not The Council are responsible for the consequences of this. The Council may at its discretion change or remove any such material without any reference to you or any other parties.
- You are warned that pages on this site may contain information provided by other parties that could cause offence or is in breach of the law and such information should be reported to The Council immediately in order that it can be removed at the Councils discretion.
- This website provides a number of transactions some of which provide facilities to make payments to The Council or other parties. The Council takes great care to ensure that such transactions are secure but if you have any doubts then you should use alternative payment methods. The Council cannot be responsible for the security or otherwise of transactions provided by other parties whose information or transactions are available on this website.
- The Council will take reasonable steps to ensure that any information transmitted to it is dealt with in accordance with its normal business practices but is not liable for the consequences of any information that is lost during transmission between you and its internal computer systems.
- It is The Councils policy to monitor any or all email and other forms of electronic communication both inbound and outbound for security and other lawful purposes and if you have any concerns over this you should use alternative means of communication.
- The information given in this disclaimer was current when placed on this site however users may wish to contact The Council to check for any pending updates or for an explanation of any points you do not fully understand.
This policy covers the treatment of personal data that Basildon Borough Council may collect when you email us, or if you complete and submit an on-line form on the Towngate Theatre website.
We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, in person or when speaking to us on the phone, the information may be sent to secure servers located in the United Kingdom and other countries around the world.
Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner, including personal information that may be contained in any comment or other submission you upload or post to the website. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number; and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us and the referring website address.
Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customise the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
Information to show you relevant advertising on other websites. As you browse our website, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties with your permission;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases, subscriptions or sales made on our website, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
How cookies are used on this website
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the Internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These small files are known as cookies.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalise your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
BBC Webwise is a good source of information about cookies.
Cookies set by towngatetheatre.co.uk:
A cookie is used by our on-line payments system and is used to pass information to the Royal Bank of Scotland for the payment to take place. If you have cookies disabled for our site then you will not be able to make any payments.
Cookies set by Third Parties:
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. This is to ensure that the service is available when you want it and fast.
- Name: _utma, typical content: randomly generated number, Expires: 2 years
- Name: _utmb, typical content: randomly generated number, Expires: 30 minutes
- Name: _utmc, typical content: randomly generated number, Expires: when user exits browser
- Name: _utmz, typical content: randomly generated number + info on how the site was reached (e.g. directly or via a link, organic search or paid search), Expires: 6 months
For further details on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Code Website
Domain: youtube.com (Google)
Purpose: some YouTube videos are embedded on towngatetheatre.co.uk. A YouTube cookie is used to provide web analytics in terms of the number of times a video has been watched and/or shared.
No personal information is ever stored in cookies on this site.
Cookies and buying tickets online
To buy tickets online through this website you must not have disabled third party cookies in your browser. Cookies are used to keep track of your order as you proceed through the online booking process. They do not collect personal information and are not used for advertising.
Please either revert to the default cookie setting in your browser or add an exception for ‘system.spektrix.com’ (the site that powers our box office).
If you are using Safari you will need to set Safari to allow cookies from ‘Websites I visit’.
To manage Safari cookies on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Safari > Block Cookies.
To manage Safari cookies on your computer, go to Safari > Preferences > Privacy.